UPDATE MARCH 18, 2020
Dear Parents & Guardians
As we prepare to embark on this grand adventure of digital and non-digital learning we at Valley Academy ask for your patience and communication. We probably will not see every need and are asking that you communicate with me directly so we can make sure all of our children are taken care of during this time of need.
Chromebooks and/or packets
Teacher hours of Instruction
Please email me if you have any questions.
UPDATE MARCH 13, 2020
Parents & Guardians,
We are continually monitoring the coronavirus and working with state and federal officials to know the best response to a possible school shut-down or quarantine. Currently we are being very proactive in our preventative awareness, education, and cleaning. We hope we do not see a case in our area, but we still need to be prepared and ready just in case.
This communication is intended to provide an update on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) disease. Click HERE for more about COVID-19
What’s happening now:
What you can do now as an Parent/Guardian:
Where can I get more information:
BUS #1 MICHELLE
1439 W 400 S Hurricane 11:00-11:10
920 W 400 S Hurricane 11:13-11:23
700 W 650 S Hurricane 11:25-11:35
700 W 1280 S Hurricane 11:37-11:47
2336 S 770 W (Rainbow Canyon) 11:52-12:02
1882 S Angel Heights Dr Hurricane 12:05-12:15
1245 S 180 W Hurricane 12:18-12:28
680 S 180 W Hurricane 12:30-12:40
400 S 180 W Hurricane 12:42-12:52
135 N Main(Park) Hurricane 12:55-1:05
BUS #2 JENNIFER
200 N Leeds Park 11:05-11:15
935 South Westfield Rd Toquerville 11:30-11:38
63 N Main Street Toquerville 11:43-11:48
144 N Ashcreek Toquerville 11:50-11:55
90 S Ashcreek Toquerville 11:58-12:01
1239 Arches Street (Park)12:04-12:09
1600 S Toquer Blvd 12:12-12:15
1661 Chaparral Drive Toquerville 12:18-12:22
685 N (TLC) LaVerkin 12:26-12:32
50 W 500 N (Farmers) LaVerkin 12:35-12:45
600 N State St. (Pecan Tree Mobile Home Park) 12:49-12:52
280 E 860 N Hurricane 12:55-1:00
BUS #3 JOY
Tractor Supply 11:05-11:07
2610 W (Comfort Inn)11:09-11:12
Quail Lake Estates (Park)11:18-11:23
Chevron @ apartments 11:28-11:32
115 S 6250 W (Stone Ridge)11:37-11:47
5140 W Turf Sod Road 11:59-12:01
5186 w 3280 s 12:10-12:20
4095 W 2700 S (Dixie Springs)12:22-12:32
2740 S 3680 W (Solar light)(DS)12:35-12:45
2530 S 3400 W (Brickwall)(DS)12:47-12:52
1958 w 30 s (Hurricane Hills @ mailbox) 1:10-1:15
BUS #4 GENE
485 N 2170 W (Retreat Apartments)11:04-11:07
Sky Mountain Fountain Hurricane 11:10-11:17
2680 W 510 N (Wall) Hurricane 11:21-11:23
625 N 2905 W Hurricane 11:26-11:30
Palomar (Flagpole)(Coronodo Ridge)11:33-11:38
3420 W 433 N Hurricane 11:40-11:44
175 N 3425 W (Park) Hurricane 11:47-11:52
3400 W (Church) (Rock)11:55-12:00
360 N 3478 W 12:03-12:10
165 N 3700 W (Zions Gate) Hurricane 12:17-12:27
Gubler Chiropractic 12:33-12:38
200 S 840 W (Coral Cliff)12:50-12:55
700 W 250 S (White fence)12:57-1:00
BUS #5 ALFRED
105 Winderland Ln. Springdale 11:15-11:20
Cox Rd & Highway 9 Rockville 11:29-11:32
Center St & Highway 9 Rockville 11:35-11:38
Main and Mill Street(Church) Virgin 11:48-11:52
166 Earnest Way Virgin 11:55-12:00
700 N 75 E (Small Park) LaVerkin 12:10-12:20
325 N Main (Park) LaVerkin 12:2512:30
25 Main LaVerkin 12:35-12:38
70 S 300 W( Church) LaVerkin 12:45-12:55
Some schools have PTO, PTA, or other parent groups. At Valley Academy we have a Booster's Club. Please stay tuned as we create our Booster Constitution.
In the meantime if you feel the need to help us at Valley Please donate by clicking the button below. As per Policy: All donations are completely on a voluntary basis.
We currently have 6 buses and we are running 5 routes to better serve our children. For security purposes please contact the office for details.
Click on the calendar icon to access Valley Academy's School Calendar.
Click on the button below for our one page Annual Calendar.
Registration opened February 03, 2020. To register your child, please download the following registration packet and return it to the school secretaries. Lottery will be held in March 2020. During the 2019-2020 school year we had 3 grade levels with waiting lists and are expecting more to be on the lottery/waiting list this year than any other year so far. Please call the office for more information on enrollment.
Breakfast Prices: Breakfast is served from 7:50am-8:25am
Breakfast Menu HERE
Free for qualifying families, $0.30 Reduced price for qualifying families,
$1.75 Student Full price
$2.75 Adult/Visitor price
Lunch Prices: Lunch is served from 11:50am-12:30pm
Free for qualifying families $0.40 Reduced price for qualifying families
$2.25 Student Full price and $3.00 Adult and Visitor price
You can check your child's assignments, grades, lunch balance, and much more. You will need to set up an account to access your child's private information. Contact the office for help.
Student Fee Schedule lists all fees required (and optional fees) as an enrolled student at Valley Academy
**As required by Federal and State Regulation, Valley Academy has an Asbestos Management Plan (AMP) on file and it is available for inspection by appointment. If you would like to see the management plan, please call Valley Academy at 435.635.0772.**
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords parents and students who are 18 years of age or older (“eligible students”) certain rights with respect to the student's education records. These rights are:
Necessary student data means data required by state statute or federal law to conduct the regular activities of the school.
· Student Name, Date of birth, and Sex
· Parent and student contact information and Custodial parent information
· A student identification number (including the student’s school ID number and the state-assigned student identifier, or SSID)
· Local, state, and national assessment results or an exception from taking a local, state, or national assessment (click here for more information on assessments)
· Courses taken and completed, credits earned, and other transcript information
· Course grades and grade point average
· Grade level and expected graduation date or graduation cohort
· Degree, diploma, credential attainment, and other school information
· Attendance and mobility
· Drop-out data
· Immunization record or an exception from an immunization record
· Race, Ethnicity, or Tribal affiliation
· Remediation efforts
· An exception from a vision screening required under Section 53G-9-404 or information collected from a vision screening described in Utah Code Section 53G-9-404
· Information related to the Utah Registry of Autism and Development Disabilities (URADD), described in Utah Code Section 26-7-4
· Student injury information
· A disciplinary record created and maintained as described in Utah Code Section 53E-9-306
· Juvenile delinquency records
· English language learner status
· Child find and special education evaluation data related to initiation of an IEP
We may only collect optional student data with written consent from the student’s parent or from a student who has turned 18.
· Information related to an IEP or needed to provide special needs services
· Biometric information used to identify the student
· Information required for a student to participate in an optional federal or state program (e.g., information related to applying for free or reduced lunch)
Certain sensitive information on students collected via a psychological or psychiatric examination, test, or treatment, or any survey, analysis, or evaluation will only be collected with parental consent. You will receive a separate consent form in these cases. See our Protection of Pupil Rights Act (PPRA) notice for more information.
We will not collect a student’s social security number or criminal record, except as required by Utah Code Section 78A-6-112(3).
We will only share student data in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which generally requires written parental consent before sharing student data. FERPA includes several exceptions to this rule, where we may share student data without parental consent. For more information on third parties receiving student information from us, see our Metadata Dictionary.
Student data will be shared with the Utah State Board of Education via the Utah Transcript and Records Exchange (UTREx). For more information about UTREx and how it is used, please visit the Utah State Board of Education’s Information Technology website.
The collection, use, and sharing of student data has both benefits and risks. Parents and students should learn about these benefits and risks and make choices regarding student data accordingly. Parents are given the following choices regarding student data:
· Choice to request to review education records of their children and request an explanation or interpretation of the records (see our annual FERPA notice for more information)
· Choice to contest the accuracy of certain records (see our annual FERPA notice for more information), potentially leading to the correction, expungement, or deletion of the record
· Choice to opt into certain data collections(see the section above on optional data collections)
· Choice to opt out of certain data exchanges
o Information that has been classified as directory information (see our directory information notice for more information)
o Parents of students with an IEP may have their information shared with the Utah Registry of Autism and Developmental Disabilities (URADD). If included in this data exchange, parents will receive a separate notice within 30 days of the exchange, informing them of their right to opt out, per Utah Code Section 53E-9-308(6)(b)
· Choice to file a complaint if you believe the school or its agents are violating your rights under FERPA or Utah’s Student Data Protection Act. If you have a complaint or concern, we recommend starting locally and then escalating to the state and US Department of Education
Valley Academy Charter School firstname.lastname@example.org
The Utah State Board of Education
Report your concern with the USBE hotline
The US Department of Education
Report your concern here
In accordance with Board Rule R277-487-3(14), we have adopted a cybersecurity framework called the CIS Controls.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a Federal law, requires that Valley Academy Charter School (VAC), with certain exceptions, obtain your written consent prior to the disclosure of personally identifiable information from your child’s education records. However, VAC may disclose appropriately designated “directory information” without written consent, unless you have advised VAC to the contrary in accordance with school procedures. The primary purpose of directory information is to allow VAC to include this type of information from your child’s education records in certain school publications. Examples include: the annual yearbook, honor roll or other recognition lists, graduation programs, etc.
To opt-out of the directory please fill out the form below each school year before August 1st.
"School districts and charter schools are required by Utah law, 53A1a-704(10), to inform parents of students with IEPs enrolled in public schools, of the availability of a scholarship to attend a private school through the Carson Smith Scholarship Program".
The address of the Internet website maintained by the USOE that provides prospective applicants and their parents with program information and application forms for the CSS Program is below.
Copyright © 2018 Valley Academy Charter School - All Rights Reserved.
539 N 870 W | Hurricane, UT 84737