Utah 2-1-1 is the umbrella link to all your community resources. By calling 2-1-1 they can direct you to the specific resource to help you through your situation.
The SafeUT Crisis Text and Tip Line is a statewide service that provides real-time crisis intervention to youth through texting and a confidential tip program – right from your smartphone.
Warning Signs for Parents and Caregivers
If you are concerned about your son or daughter, ask yourself the following questions. Has your son or daughter shown or shared any of the following:
1. Talk about wanting to die, be dead, or about suicide, or are they cutting or burning themselves?
2. Feeling like things may never get better, seeming like they are in terrible emotional pain (like something is wrong deep inside but they can't make it go away), or they are struggling to deal with a big loss in their life?
3. Or is your gut telling you to be worried because they have withdrawn from everyone and everything, have become more anxious or on edge, seem unusually angry, or just don't seem normal to you?
How to Respond
If you notice any of these warning signs in anyone, you can help!
1. Ask if they are ok or if they are having thoughts of suicide
2. Express your concern about what you are observing in their behavior
3. Listen attentively and non-judgementally.
4. Reflect on what they share and let them know they have been heard
5. Tell them they are not alone
6. Let them know there are treatments available that can help
7. Guide them to professional help
Are you still concerned?
Here is how you can get more help.
If you think that your child or another youth may need help right now, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Your call is free and confidential. Trained crisis workers in your area can assist you and the youth in deciding what they need right now.Remember, if anyone is harming themselves now or has just harmed themselves, call 911 or take them to an emergency room immediately.https://hope4utah.com/suicide-5/
Coping Thoughts/Positive Self-Talk
• What are some true things...
– about you that, when you think about them, make you feel good?
– That feel good to think about? – About your life (that are good)?
- You are looking forward to?
Copyright © 2018 Valley Academy Charter School - All Rights Reserved.